Meat Free Monday #21 - Salad of chargrilled sweetcorn, peas & spelt

Monday, May 24, 2010
If 2009 was the year of bread making, 2010 is becoming the year of the grains. As in trying them all out. As I picked up the week's shopping I found this:
and these:

and it became this:
Recipe here.

Yes I know it was one of the hottest days of the year - but life goes on and so does the work in the kitchen. All night. So while everyone else in the country was barbecuing I put this together in between function sheets, lists, emails and reorganising the kitchen ready for the next few weeks.

More info on Meat Free Monday here.

Related posts

Other Meat Free Monday dishes

1 comment

j-in-catering said...

I like the idea of 'meat free Monday'; full vegetarianism is too hard for me! this recipe looks like a fantastic introduction to the system as well; thanks for posting it!