Breakfast muffins

Sunday, June 07, 2009
Contrary to what you may have heard 6:30am on a Sunday does exist. That's what time these muffins went in the oven for a breakfast delivery this morning.

  • Double chocolate
  • Apple and cinnamon
  • Blueberry (and orange)

Muffin



Nuffin

I came accross this recipe on Joanna's Food when I wasn't specifically looking for it, but bookmarked it for this morning. I did add the orange zest for the blueberry ones, though as I didn't have yogurt I used crème fraîche. No sugar - with the bluberries you don't need it. For the chocolate ones I missed out the blueberries and added a couple of teaspoons of cocoa and some white and dark chocolate pellets. For the apple ones, 2 diced golden delicious apples and a teaspooon of cinnamon - though that could have been 2 tsp really.


It has been bookmarked for anyone else who wants to try it on the virtual recipe drawer that is Bookmarked Recipes - where anyone from anywhere can blog about a recipe they had bookmarked from a cook book, food magazine, food blog, food website, from TV etc, make it and submit it to a weekly roundup.

4 comments

Sam said...

I'm normally awake at 6:30 though there's no way I could make muffins, my eyes are open but my brain stays asleep till at least 9!

Blueberry muffins are my absolute favourite, yours look fantastic!

Marta said...

6:30 am is the best time of the day1 Peace and quiet, just you and yourbaking!!!!
Lovely!

Julie said...

I'm usually a chocolate kinda girl, but I'll take an apple cinnamon please!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love the "nuffin" comment!

They look great!