Elderflowers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Blink and you'll miss it. The elderflower season can be here and gone before you realise it. I picked a lot today up from the river Severn a couple of miles from Tewkesbury. Here some are soaking in water (right) for poaching chicken and salmon, and in gin, sugar and lemon (left) to make an elderflower liqueur (let you know how that turns out).


Weather permitting I'll be picking more on Sunday..... not that rain really stops me - I picked the absolute last of the crop a couple of years ago in rain ending up wet through and covered in elderflower pollen ..... which to be fair is no bad thing - the van smelt great driving back.

Related posts

Elderflowers 2007
Elderflower poached chicken

1 comment

Jan said...

Elderflower liqueur - I'm loving the sound of that!