Roast tenderstem broccoli

Sunday, April 19, 2009
I had previously sauteed broccoli, but with the success of the roasted cauliflower tried roasting it instead. Crispy florets. Very nice.

I don't have anything against boiled or steamed vegetables, I just find other ways of cooking keep in the flavour instead of it being lost in to the boiling water which invariably is thrown away.

The stems being thicker take longer to cook, so I cut those into rondels and roast them seperately.

Tossed in a little olive oil and maldon salt.

Don't cook it too long or you loose the colour and the florets will be too crispy (like deep-fried). You want it still al dente.

You can finish with balsamic and toasted pine nuts (toasted in the same way as the sesame seeds) to give an extra flavour.


Related posts


3 comments

Jan said...

This is just soooo spooky! Today I was wondering what to make for dinner. I was thinking I have broccoli in the fridge....and as I'd roasted cauliflower before I wondered what would happen if I roasted broccoli - but I decided it might not be nice.
NOW, I will give this a go!

Jan said...

I did it - I roasted my broccoli and it was dee-lish! Thanks for sharing.

test it comm said...

Roasting is definitely my favorite way of cooking vegetables. They always seem to be more flavourful after roasting.