Assiette of desserts served in Thrupp near Oxford

Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Everyone loves sticky toffee pudding. Don't they?
It's certainly been a hit on the assiette of desserts since I added it to the equation (or equasion if you're in the US) last October. I think the spoon size sticky toffee works better than the normal size - like the equivalent of an espresso shot to a caffe latte.

Each assiette is slightly different. I served this one at this lovely house (1 of the 8 kitchens I cooked in that week) metres from the canal in Thrupp near Oxford. This assiette was:

Strawberry and champagne tart

Mini crème brûlée

Shot glass of mango sorbet - recipe link here

Spoon of sticky toffee pudding

Mini chocolate eclair - as seen here

Unfortunately some of the stags couldn't make it to the stag party so there were some extra mini desserts which I passed round at the end - had they been saving their appetites all week?


Related posts

Sticky toffee pudding
Other assiette desserts we have served
What does 'assiette' mean? Assiette of desserts 12 July 2008


4 comments

Joie de vivre said...

I just love your platings James. I've signed up to follow you, I can't believe I wasn't following you before!

James said...

Thanks :-}

Nic said...

Oh that looks really good, and I love sticky toffee pud!

Eyes Bigger Than Belly said...

That looks divine!! I love assiette desserts because I can never choose and this way I always feel like i've had the best!! :)