Meat Free Monday #8 - Sweet and sour chinese leaf with egg fried rice

Monday, March 01, 2010
Another meat free Monday where I was so busy (now writing this a whole week later) - this time after trawling through the backlog of enquiries I was making a start on the lovely VAT return, but there was just some time to make some fast food in between.

I found some great chinese leaf (US - napa cabbage) recipes from the January beet n squash you that I had been far too busy to even contemplate. The sweet and sour idea is quite simple - you can add beansprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots etc or whatever you like. I made a simple sweet and sour with homemade tomato sauce, soy, rice wine vinegar, dark brown sugar, sesame oil and added this later.

Egg fried rice - rice boiled with turmeric. Drained and mixed with softened onion, peas, soy, cumin, ground and fresh coriander and beaten egg.

More info on Meat Free Monday here.

Related posts

Other Meat Free Monday dishes

No comments