Cheese and tomato baked tortilla chips

Tuesday, September 29, 2009
When I saw these a couple of months ago on Good Mood Food I had to try them. The very next day in fact. I served them along with the palmiers and allumettes I had made for a hen party. These are the ones I made last Friday afternoon for a last minute delivery meal (canapes, main course & dessert) for a family flying in from Spain for a weekend in a holiday house near Cheltenham.

They're so moreish I added another couple of layers interleaved with greaseproof paper. They just need flashing in the oven for 5 minutes or so to crisp them up.

I used my own reduced tomato sauce rather than salsa.


Related posts:

Palmiers and allumettes
Roast almonds and cashews with smoked salt

5 comments

Mariana Kavroulaki said...

My kid will adore them!!:-)

James said...

Maybe good with feta?

Jan said...

Oooh yum and as you say, with feta, I think that would be a great idea!

Mariana Kavroulaki said...

Yes, yes feta! And a pinch of fresh oregano.

Queen B. said...

OOOOOOO YUM !