English muffins

Monday, September 21, 2009
I have a new toy.

A Le Creuset griddle - ridged on one side and flat on the other. What a very fine piece of equipment. The flat side was what I used to make these. I'd been waiting for an excuse to make this recipe for a few months.
With so much going on, I ran out of time, so as these were for breakfast for the wedding party the morning after the big day, I finished the last ones at the house after we had served the wedding breakfast. We also left them bacon to go in the middle, as well as a few other essential breakfast items.
I might try making crumpets on the griddle next......

3 comments

Anonymous said...

I've been coveting the Le Creuset griddle pan for some time, they look beautiful but there's nothing wrong with my current pan :(

The muffins look great, interested to see how your crumpets work out; I've not tried them but I know they can be tricky!

Joie de vivre said...

I did these a little while ago. They tasted sooooo much better than the yucky, underbaked ones from the package! I should make some more!

Thanks for sticking with me and for commenting on my blog. It's good to be back after my little rest!

Jan said...

I LOVE Le Creuset stuff and I love your griddle!! Those muffins look delish.